Your emergency wedding kit: Be prepared on the day
Dah-dah-dah-dah, dah-dah-dah-damn! New shoes are painful!
Looking impeccable is no picnic. That’s why on your wedding day it’s essential that you are prepared for every eventuality. Your bridal party should be on hand to help you in an emergency situation, but it’s best to have everything you could need ready to ensure that any makeup and wardrobe issues are taken care of quickly.
Ahead of the wedding, pull together your go-to kit. This can be anything from a steamer trunk to a resealable sandwich bag, it doesn’t matter what it looks like, it’s all about the contents. Add anything you think could come in useful and have a trusted member of your bridal party carry it with them at all times. (On second thoughts, perhaps don’t opt for the steamer trunk.) Our must-haves include:
- A sewing kit for emergency dress repairs. (Hotel amenity sewing kits are ideal.)
- Hair pins, in case you get a little too enthusiastic on the dancefloor.
- Blister plasters, heel grips and sole cushions (those darn shoes!).
- Nail varnish to fix any chips if you haven’t opted for gel or acrylic.
- Spare hosiery.
- La Base Pro Pore Eraser – this little beauty can be smoothed lightly over makeup to help reduce the appearance of pores or if skin starts to get shiny. Alternatively, if you suffer from dry skin, pack the La Base Pro Hydra Glow Primer, which you can lightly pat over foundation during the day to keep skin looking plump and hydrated.
- If your foundation starts to wear or slip (it’s only natural to shed a tear or two), keep a Cushion Format foundation on hand for regular touch ups. A mini waterproof mascara wouldn’t go amiss either!
- Lipstick to top up ahead of photographs.
- Your favourite perfume. This will be the scent that will transport you and your partner back to one of the happiest days of your lives for years to come – spritz on a little throughout the day. We love love La Vie Est Belle Purse Spray which is small enough to take in your handbag.
- Baby wipes. Don’t leave home without them. They’re useful for everything from scuffs to stains to smudges. Cotton buds come in handy when precision is required.
- Tissues. (See above!)