Last minute skin checklist for your wedding day
Stunning dress? Check. Guest list? Check. Pointless-yet-must-have wedding favours? Check. After months of meetings, tastings and fittings the big day has almost arrived. Now comes the task of ensuring that you, the bride, are the most beautiful belle in a gorgeous bridal party. You are expected to be elegant. Radiant. Resplendent, with glowing skin and flawless make up. No pressure then!
As every bride knows, preparation is key. Even if you are struggling with sleepless nights worrying about wed-min and budget spreadsheets, there are lots of things you can do to ensure you are fresh faced when those wedding bells start to chime. Here’s our pre-wedding skin-care checklist.
- Plan your final facial no closer than one week before the wedding. Consider asking your beauty therapist to play your favourite chill-out playlist during your treatment - that way, when you’re getting ready the morning of the wedding you can play it again and recall that lovely sense of relaxation and wellbeing.
- With 24 hours to go, take a time out. After all, who really cares if the place settings are a little skewwhiff? Sit back with your closest friends and indulge in an ultra-hydrating mask – Hydra Intense Gel Mask are a marvel. Getting the party started with a pampering session is the perfect last minute multitasking activity – you’re nourishing your skin with moisture while nurturing the ones you love. What’s not to love about that?
- As always, get skin in tip-top condition by drinking plenty of water – aim for about two litres a day. With all the running around you’re doing it’s more crucial than ever to stay hydrated.
- If you’ve opted for a sleeveless or off-the-shoulder dress, massage a luxury body lotion such as Nutrix Royal Body - into your arms. This can be especially relaxing in the lead up to the wedding if you do pilates, yoga or lift weights. Treat those aching muscles to some down time.
- Prep your lips. You’ll be expected to pucker up a lot. We love nourishing Absolue Silky lip