How should I prepare my lashes before applying mascara?
1. Check that your lashes are clean and dry (with no trace of cream for example, which may prevent an even distribution of the texture, or may stop it from drying).
2. To ensure your lashes are completely clean, use a few drops of Effacil on a cotton pad.
3. Apply a thin layer of loose powder to your mobile eyelid to avoid staining if you accidently smudge the mascara during application.
What is the right application technique?
Whether you use a wall mirror, or better yet, a hand mirror, tilt your head back slightly to apply mascara to the upper lashes. When you look down, you can easily reach all the lashes right from the roots, and you will not run the risk of staining the upper lid.
Wait until the upper lashes are dry.
If you are using a wall mirror, tilt your head forward slightly (the chin towards the neck). If you are using a hand mirror, hold it at the level of your forehead. Look upwards so that you can apply your mascara to your lashes without smudging it onto your skin.
How should I apply mascara to the upper lashes?
1. Start the application on the section of your lashes you wish to accentuate. Your lash fringe is naturally denser in the outer sections and in the centre, so it is easiest to intensify one of these two areas. For example, if you wish to add depth to your eyes, begin with the outer lash fringe then move on to the centre, then finally the inner corner of the eye. By coating the longest and thickest lashes first, you can boost the intensity of your eyes.
2. Repeat the application until you have achieved the desired result.
3. For a maximum wide-eye effect, apply mascara to the centre of the fringe, then to the outer section, then to the inner corner. Applying more texture to the centre of the fringe gives a lift effect and creates the illusion of wider eyes.